a member of Lighthouse Title Group
To Our Clients
TO OUR CLIENTS: Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order of March 23, 2020, limits business operations to ESSENTIAL services. Cadillac Title, LLC falls under the essential services categories of financial and legal services respectively. Therefore, unless we receive further instructions or guidance to the contrary from the Governor, our title insurance underwriters, or from the Michigan Land Title Association, we plan to continue business operations by serving our clients while taking further extraordinary precautions to keep everyone safe.
CADILLAC TITLE’s employees that can work remotely have been set-up to do so. Therefore, you should expect limited staff in the office. We will be adhering to social distancing protocols and limiting the number of Cadillac Title staff members in our office. Our policies have been updated to reflect our processes for handling in-person appointments and transactions. Those policies are outlined here.
• BY APPOINTMENT ONLY IN OFFICE CLOSINGS or CONSULTATIONS This policy will be strictly adhered to until further notice. This office is operating with essential staff only, and those without appointments will not be able to enter our office. Further instructions will be posted at the entrance of our office and these protocols will be distributed to all parties prior to any closing. This policy is for the protection of our clients, our settlement officers, and staff.
• HAND SANITIZING REQUIRED. Everyone who enters CADILLAC TITLE will be required to sanitize their hands, NO EXCEPTIONS. Anyone who is exhibiting any symptoms, feels sick, or has been exposed to COVID-19 will not be allowed in the office. All surfaces in the meeting rooms will be thoroughly disinfected between appointments and items you usually see on our settlement tables will be disinfected or in some cases removed completely.
• SIGNATORIES ONLY AT CLOSING. For the health and safety of everyone involved, we will only be allowing signors in our office during this time. Please ONLY attend the closing if you are signing documents. We are asking any interested parties to be available by phone in the event your client has any questions. We want to adhere to the Governor’s order and not lose the privilege of operating and completing essential real estate closings.
• SHORTER CLOSING TIMES. Whenever possible, settlement documents will be highlighted for signatures beforehand to make the closing go as efficiently as possible. We will do our best to provide documents before the settlement in order for you to formulate questions prior to closing.
• COMMISSIONS. If you have a commission check waiting for you at CADILLAC TITLE, it will be sent via certified mail at no extra charge. Please contact us with the address for your delivery.
Our staff and our clients are very important to us. We will take all measures necessary to safely continue to close transactions while adhering to the Governor’s order. We appreciate your patience and flexibility during this time, and most of all, we hope that everyone stays safe and healthy.